Faraday v1.0.19 (Community, Pro & Corp) is ready! More documentation, a new interface and plugin fixes are some of the improvements included in this version.
Continuing with our efforts to make Faraday accessible to everyone we stopped the development and spent a few days improving our documentation, so feel free to take a look at it and let us know if you feel something is missing!
It shouldn't come as a surprise that our QT interface will be deprecated during 2016. As a first step towards its replacement we started building a brand new GTK3 interface! This new, modernized look for Faraday improves how you see and interact with the information. Also, it allows Mac users to finally use the desktop application smoothly and without complications.
At the moment, the GTK interface supports all of the most common operations in Faraday: you can create, change and delete workspaces, connect to CouchDB databases, view and change plugin settings. Of course you also have tabs and notifications, just as before (only better).
But the best part is that this new GUI uses your zsh shell, this means that you get to keep all your aliases, colors, zsh plugins and prompt. Working with Faraday GTK feels even more like working with your own terminal, plus all the added benefits you already use!
We are very excited to release this new interface, but we also know the importance of stability, that's why we decided to release it as experimental, while maintaining QT as our default interface. If you feel like trying the new GTK GUI, just install the dependencies and start up Faraday with the --gui=gtk flag, like this:
Pro & Corp changes:
- Changed the way in which Executive Reports are generated adding a DOCX template. Read more about it in Faraday's wiki
Community, Pro & Corp changes:
- Added GTK3 interface prototype - a brand new interface for you to enjoy!
- Improved the documentation
- Added plugin detection through report name - if you wish to force Faraday to process your report using a specific plugin, just rename it adding _faraday_PLUGINNAME. For example, if you wish to use the Nmap plugin for the report some_report.xml, rename it to some_report_faraday_Nmap.xml. You can find a detailed list of all available plugins in our Github wiki.
- Added open services count to Hosts list in WEB UI - as some users suggested, when viewing the list of all Hosts in our WEB UI it was confusing not to know how many services each host had, so we added the amount of services to that list.
- Improved zsh integration - this means that all plugins are now compatible with our ZSH interface, including fplugin. Read more about Faraday plugins.
Community, Pro & Corp fixes:
- Fixed an error in wcscan script
- Fixed nikto plugin
- Fixed openvas plugin
We hope you enjoy it, and let us know if you have any questions or comments.